Commandments of Christ
- Love your enemies; do good to them that hate
you. -Matt. 5:44.
- Resist not evil; if a man smite thee on one
cheek, turn to him the other also. -Matt. 5:39,
- Avenge not yourselves; rather give place unto
wrath; and suffer yourselves to be defrauded. -Rom.
- If a man take away thy goods, ask them not
again. -Luke 6:29, 30.
- Agree with your adversary quickly, submitting
even to wrong for the sake of peace. -Matt. 5:25; 1
- Labor not to be rich; be ready to every good
work; give to those who ask; relieve the afflicted.
-Rom. 12:13; 1 Tim. 6:8; Heb. 13:16; James
- Do not your alms before men: Let not thy left
hand know what thy right hand doeth. -Matt.
- Recompense to no man evil for evil: overcome
evil with good. -Rom. 12:17.
- Bless them that curse you; let no cursing come
out of your mouth. -Matt. 5:44; Rom. 12:14.
- Render not evil for evil; overcome evil with
good. -Rom 12:17.
- Pray for them that despitefully use you and
afflict you -Matt. 5:44.
- Grudge not; judge not; complain not; condemn
not. -Matt. 7:1; James 5:9.
- Put away anger, wrath, bitterness, and all evil
speaking. -Eph. 4:31; 1 Pet. 2:1.
- Confess your faults one to another. -James
- Be not conformed to this world: love not the
world. -Rom. 12:2; 1 John 2:15.
- Deny all ungodliness and worldly lusts. If thy
right hand offend thee, cut it off. -Matt. 5:30;
- Servants, be faithful, even to bad masters.
- Mind not high things, but condescend to men of
low estate. -Rom. 12:16.
- Owe no man anything. -Rom. 13:7,8.
- In case of sin (known or heard of) speak not of
it to others, but tell the offending brother of the
matter between thee and him alone, with a view to
recovery. -Matt. 18:15; Gal. 6:1.
- Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart.
- Pray always; pray with brevity and simplicity;
pray secretly. -Matt. 6:5-7; Luke 18:1.
- In everything give thanks to God and recognize
Him in all your ways. -Prov. 3:6; Eph. 5:20.
- As you would that men should do to you, do ye
even so to them. -Matt. 7:12.
- Take Christ for an example and follow in his
steps. -1 Pet. 2:21.
- Let Christ dwell in your heart by faith. -Eph.
- Esteem Christ more highly than all earthly
things; yea, than your own life. -Luke 14:26.
- Confess Christ freely before men. -Luke
- Beware lest the cares of life or the
allurements of pleasure weaken his hold on your
heart. -Luke 21:34.
- Love thy neighbor as thyself. -Matt.
- Exercise lordship over no one. -Matt.
- Seek not your own welfare only, nor bear your
own burdens merely, but have regard to those of
others. -Gal. 6:2; Phil. 2:4.
- Let your light shine before men; hold forth the
word of life. Do good to all men as ye have
opportunity .-Matt. 5:16; Gal. 6:10; Phil.
- Be blameless and harmless, as the sons of God
in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation.
- Be gentile, meek, kind-hearted, compassionate,
merciful, forgiving. -Eph. 4:32; 2 Tim. 2:24; Titus
- Be sober, grave, sincere, temperate. -Phil.
4:5; 1 Pet. 1:13; 5:8.
- Speak the truth every man with his neighbor;
put away all lying. -Eph. 4:25.
- Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the
Lord, and not unto men. -Col. 3:23.
- Be watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful,
courteous, and manly. -1 Cor. 16:13; Phil. 4:4; 1
- Be clothed with humility; be patient toward
all. -Rom. 12:12; Col. 3:12 .
- Follow peace with all men. -Heb. 12:14.
- Sympathize in the joys and sorrows of others.
- Follow after whatsoever things are true,
honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report,
virtuous, and praiseful. -Phil. 4:8.
- Refrain utterly from adultery, fornication,
uncleanness, drunkenness, covetousness, wrath,
strife, sedition, hatred, emulation, boasting,
vain-glory, envy, jesting, and foolish talking.
- Whatever you do, consider the effect of your
action on the honor of God's name among men. Do all
to the glory of God. -1 Cor. 10:31; Col. 3:17.
- Reckon yourselves dead to all manner of sin.
Henceforth live not to yourselves, but to him who
died for you, and rose again. -Rom. 6:11; 2 Cor.
- Be zealous of good works, always abounding in
the work of the Lord, wearying not in well doing.
-Gal. 6:9; Titus 2:14.
- Speak evil of no man. -Titus 3:2.
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.
- Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned
with salt. -Col. 3:8; 4:6.
- Obey rulers; submit to every ordinance of man
for the Lord's sake. -Titus 3:1.
- Be holy in all manner of conversation. -1 Pet.
- Give no occasion to the adversary to speak
reproachfully. -1 Tim. 5:14.